Employment Visas

Our expertise covers the full range of employment visas available under the temporary and permanent migration frameworks, including:

Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) visa – Subclass 400.  Allows skilled individuals to complete a period of highly specialised, non-ongoing work in Australia (usually up to three months in duration, or up to six in certain prescribed circumstances).

Temporary Skills Shortage visa – Subclass 482. The subclass 482 visa is the only temporary visa to expressly allow ongoing work in Australia. This visa can be sponsored by eligible Australian and overseas businesses, and allows a stay of up to four years depending on the occupation. The sponsoring business must conduct satisfactory Labour Market Testing as part of the nomination process, and also provide evidence that the salary and terms and conditions of employment meet Australian labour market standards.

Regional Employer Sponsored Provisional Visa – Subclass 494. This visa will open to new applicants in November 2019. Similar to the 482, it will require sponsorship by an approved business however will provide a stay of up to five years in the first instance. The employing business and position must both be located in a designated regional area, and a mandatory skills assessment will be required.

Employer Nomination Scheme – Subclass 186. This is a permanent visa available to eligible individuals nominated by a business operating in Australia. Criteria is generally similar to the 482 visa, with two streams available – one requires a minimum period of employment while holding a temporary sponsored visa and the other requires a positive skills assessment.

Training Visa – Subclass 407. This is for people who will be completing occupational based training with a business in Australia or participating in a professional development program.

Temporary Activity Visa – Subclass 408. This visa caters for individuals participating in an occupational exchange, or in sporting, research or entertainment activities. Sponsorship by an approved Australian business is required.